Jessica PirroOctober 23, 201916600
Solar power is growing immensely popular in the United States. With more and more people adding solar panel installations to their rooftops, there is also an increase in solar installers as well as a growing number of solar companies throughout each state in the United States.
Solar Power In Georgia
Georgia is known for more than just peaches. Georgia has quite a history and is poised to be one of the top-growing solar energy markets in the coming years. The state has strong net metering policies and lots of sunlight hours throughout the year, Georgia is an ideal area for property owners who are considering getting a solar panel installation. When you choose to get a solar panel installation in Georgia it is an excellent option for the energy-conscious home and business owners.
Georgia has moved up from the 35th ranking in 2018, to the 11th in 2019. There’s currently 1,571.35 MW of solar power installed, which is enough solar energy to provide solar electricity for 188,077 homes. The state currently uses solar electricity for 0.78% of its electricity needs. The solar power industry has created 3,696 jobs in Georgia. There are currently 260 solar companies in Georgia, 53 solar energy manufacturing jobs, 105 solar installers, and 102 other jobs. The state has currently invested $2,210.67 million. There are currently 1,663 solar panel installations in the state and it is projected in the next 5 years that Georgia will add 2,211 MW moving the states ranking up one spot to 10th place.
Notable Solar Panel installations in Georgia
- Butler Solar Energy Project 103 was completed in 2016. This photovoltaic solar energy project can generate 103 MW of solar electricity, which is enough to provide solar electricity to over 11,656 Georgia homes.
- At 20 MW, Butler Solar Farm 20 in Butler is among the largest solar panel installations in Georgia. The solar panel project was completed in 2015 and has enough solar electricity capacity to provide power for over 2,263 homes.
Solar Energy in Colorado
Colorado doesn’t just produce some of the best snow in the nation for snowboarding, solar energy in Colorado is expanding. The state that was ranked 11th nationally in 2018, drop one spot to 12th in 2019. There is currently 1,268.42 MW of solar power installed, which is enough solar power to provide solar electricity for 258,355 homes. The state currently uses solar electricity for 3.04% of its state's electrical needs. The solar energy industry has created 6,847 jobs in the state. There are currently 476 solar companies in Colorado, 49 solar energy manufacturing jobs, 234 solar installers, and 193 other jobs. The state has invested $3,352.10 million in solar power. It’s predicted that in the next 5 years Colorado will add 2,406 MW of solar power, moving the state up three spots in the national rankings 9th. There’s currently 60,193 solar panel installations in Colorado and that number is only expected to grow.
Notable Solar Panel Installations in Colorado
- Comanche Solar was completed in 2016. The solar panel project has the capacity to generate 120 MW of solar electricity, which is enough to provide solar electricity for over 24,082 Colorado homes.
- Several large retailers in Colorado have decided to switch to solar power, including Albertsons, General Growth Properties and IKEA. IKEA has one of the largest solar panel installations with 1 MW of solar energy capacity at its location in Centennial.
- At 50 MW, Hooper Solar Energy Project in San Luis Valley is among the largest solar panel installations in Colorado. This solar energy project has enough electric capacity to provide more solar electricity for more than 10,034 homes.
Maryland Solar Power
Maryland is known for its beaches, hiking, historical landmarks, and what many will argue the best crabs. Now with an early jump on renewable energy, Maryland has made quite the name for itself in the solar power community. Maryland boasts an impressive RPS, strong net metering, and solar energy tax benefits.
The state moved from the 13th nationally ranking in 2018 to 14th in 2019. There are currently 1,173.86 MW of solar power installed, enough to provide solar electricity for 136,185 homes. The state is currently using solar electricity for 3.33% of its electrical needs. The solar energy industry has created 4,515 jobs in the state in Maryland. There are currently 241 solar companies in Mary, 17 solar power manufacturing jobs, 127 solar installers, and 97 others. The state has invested $3,186.38 million in solar energy. It is projected that in the next 5 years the state will add 1,106 MW of solar energy in the next year, predicting that it will drop to the 20th spot in national rankings. The state currently has 65,219 solar panel installations.
Notable Solar Panel Installations in Maryland
- Maryland Solar Farm was completed in 2012. The solar panel project has the capacity to generate 20 MW of solar electricity, which is enough to provide over 2,130 Maryland homes with solar electricity.
- Several large retailers in Maryland have decided to get solar panel installations which include, Albertsons, All Seasons Farm, and Delmarva Feed. IKEA has one of the largest solar panel installations in the state with 4 MW of solar energy capacity in Perryville.
- At 1 MW, Elkton Solar in Elkton is one of the largest solar panel installations in Maryland. This solar energy project has enough solar electricity capacity to provide power for over 170 homes.
Input your address to see if it is solar friendly and how much you can save with solar.
Great. Your address is perfect for solar. Solar incentive is still available. Select monthly utility cost and calculate the size of solar system you will need now.
|kw System size||years Payback period||Lifetime savings|
No money down, 100% finance is available.
Help Your State Achieve Its Solar Energy Goals and Sign Up For Solar Here!